Hi! I am a NYC-based senior user experience professional specializing in mixed-methods research and service design. Making the world a better place through technology, storytelling and delightful experiences is where my passion lies and people are at the center of it all.
President Barack Obama joins United Stages Digital Service (USDS) staff for a group photo on the Navy Steps of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building of the White House, Jan. 12, 2017. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
My experience includes being the CEO and Founder of ElleSee Futures, a design and research consultancy, and I am currently working as a senior researcher at WeWork’s NYC headquarters. Prior to WeWork I completed a tour of service with the United States Digital Service, a startup at The White House, using design and technology to deliver better services to the American people.
My career was influenced and shaped by my early experiences serving as a liaison between reporters, editors, designers, and producers at The Washington Post. For breaking news, as well as enterprise and investigative reporting, I worked closely with every department, managing storytelling across all platforms. What I found was missing in these conversations was the reader’s voice.
My expertise includes:
- Informing experience design decisions by becoming an expert on the situation in which a user will engage with products;
- Informing experience design decisions by becoming an expert on the expectations of the user;
- Informing user experience decisions by becoming an expert on what makes a product useful, desirable, valuable, accessible, credible, findable and usable;
- Determining learnability of new features and the strategy for introducing them.
Helping product owners move from making assumptions about users to making informed decisions about usability and features users want is my strength. Experience design is not a one and done process. We should be constantly learning about how users are engaging with our products, responding to their behaviors and evolving.
How can we do this?
Business, design, content and development teams must collaborate to do:
- Ongoing research, learning how new technologies are impacting how we live;
- Ongoing usability studies on product suite;
- Reports on latest technology and usability trends;
- Strategic, pathfinding research that surfaces unmet user needs and inspires creative execution.
We must be proactive about how we can improve our products to take advantage of new behaviors and technologies.
- Experimenting with Design Thinking in the Newsroom, Philadelphia, PA
- InVision presents, Design + Media, New York, NY
- The Delve Masterclass, Prototyping Methods, New York, NY
- Every Prototype is a Question Workshop at The New School, New York, NY
- How Might We Engineer Changes in News Collaboration at SND, Washington, DC
- Climate Change and Design Thinking: A Targeted Approach to a Complex Issue, Chicago, IL
- Copilot dCamp, New York, NY
- ONA dCamp, Washington, DC
- Design Thinking 101 at Mozfest, London